Main Article Content
This research on the development of experimental product test designs aims to develop learning products to solve problems that occur in the field and find out and analyze the mathematical problem-solving abilities and Habits of Mind of MTs students whose learning uses a combination of scientific approaches and contextual approaches compared to MTs students who use scientific approaches. The research subjects were conducted on students in Indonesia with details of 1 class at MTs Azzahra Batujajar for a limited trial, three classes from MTs Bhakti Pertiwi Cililin, MTs Albidayah, and MTs Al-Mukhtariyah Rajamandala for field trials, and two classes at MTs Nurul Hidayah Batujajar for product testing and used as the experimental class and the control class. The instrument in this research is a set of mathematical problem-solving abilities and a non-test to determine the students' Habits of Mind. The results of this study indicate that the process of developing teaching materials is carried out well, and the product is feasible to use. Mathematical problem-solving abilities and Habits of Mind of students who receive learning using a combination of scientific and contextual approaches are better than those who receive knowledge using a scientific approach.
Development Habits of Mind Problem Solving
- Akdeniz, H., & Ekici, G. (2019). A Development of The Habits of Mind Inventory. European Journal of Education Studies, 5(11), 198-215.
- Andini, M., & Yunianta, T. N. H. (2018). The Development of Borad game â€œThe Adventure Of Algebraâ€ in The Senior High School Mathematics Learning. Al-Jabar: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 9(2), 95-109. https://doi.org/10.24042/ajpm.v9i2.3424
- Basri, H. (2019). Investigating Critical Thinking Skill of Junior High School in Solving Mathematical Problem. International Journal of Instruction, 12(3), 745-758.
- Budiarti, W. N., & Haryanto, H. (2016). Pengembangan media komik untuk meningkatkan motivasi belajar dan keterampilan membaca pemahaman siswa kelas IV [Development of comic media to improve learning motivation and reading comprehension skills of fourth grade students]. Jurnal Prima Edukasia, 4(2), 233-242. https://doi.org/10.21831/jpe.v4i2.6295
- Cevikbas, M., & ArgÃ¼n, Z. (2017). An innovative learning model in digital age: Flipped classroom. Journal of Education and Training Studies, 5(11), 189-200. https://doi.org/10.11114/jets.v5i11.2322
- Fatoni, F., Sujadi, I., & Subanti, S. (2021). Profile of students' refractive thinking in mathematical problem solving of two-variable linear system. International Journal of Multicultural and Multireligious Understanding, 8(4), 1-7.
- Hasibuan, A. M., Saragih, S., & Amry, Z. (2019). Development of Learning Materials Based on Realistic Mathematics Education to Improve Problem Solving Ability and Student Learning Independence. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 14(1), 243-252. https://doi.org/10.29333/iejme/4000
- Hodiyanto, H., & Firdaus, M. (2020). The self regulated learning, habit of mind, and creativity as high order thinking skills predictors. AKSIOMA: Jurnal Program Studi Pendidikan Matematika, 9(1), 21-30. https://doi.org/10.24127/ajpm.v9i1.2589
- Irwanto, I., Saputro, A. D., Rohaeti, E., & Prodjosantoso, A. K. (2018). Promoting critical thinking and problem solving skills of pre-service elementary teachers through process-oriented guided-inquiry learning (POGIL). International Journal of Instruction, 11(4), 777-794.
- Jannah, R. R., & Apriliya, S. (2017). Didactical design material units of distance and speed to developed mathematical connection in elementary school. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/180/1/012022
- Kenedi, A. K., Helsa, Y., Ariani, Y., Zainil, M., & Hendri, S. (2019). Mathematical connection of elementary school students to solve mathematical problems. Journal on Mathematics Education, 10(1), 69-80. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.10.1.5416.69-80
- Kurniati, K., Kusumah, Y. S., Sabandar, J., & Herman, T. (2015). Mathematical critical thinking ability through contextual teaching and learning approach. Journal on Mathematics Education, 6(1), 53-62. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.6.1.1901.53-62
- Mulhamah, M., & Putrawangsa, S. (2016). Penerapan pembelajaran kontekstual dalam meningkatkan kemampuan pemecahan masalah matematika [Application of contextual learning in improving mathematical problem-solving ability]. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 10(1), 58-80. https://doi.org/10.22342/jpm.10.1.3279.58-80
- Nuralam, N., & Eliyana, E. (2017). Penerapan pendekatan saintifik terhadap kemampuan pemecahan masalah matematika di SMAN 1 Darul Imarah Aceh Besar [Application of a scientific approach to mathematical problem solving skills at SMAN 1 Darul Imarah Aceh Besar]. Jurnal Ilmiah Didaktika: Media Ilmiah Pendidikan dan Pengajaran, 18(1), 64-76. https://doi.org/10.22373/jid.v18i1.3085
- Papadopoulos, L. (2019). Using mobile puzzles to exhibit certain algebraic habits of mind and demonstrate symbol-sense in primary school students. The Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 53, 210-227. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmathb.2018.07.001
- Pei, C., Weintrop, D., & Wilensky, U. (2018). Cultivating computational thinking practices and mathematical habits of mind in lattice land. Mathematical thinking and learning, 20(1), 75-89. https://doi.org/10.1080/10986065.2018.1403543
- Prasad, P. V. (2020). Using revision and specifications grading to develop studentsâ€™ mathematical habits of mind. PRIMUS, 30(8-10), 908-925. https://doi.org/10.1080/10511970.2019.1709589
- Putra, B. Y. G., Rosita, N. T., & Hidayat, W. (2020). Profile of mathematical representation ability of junior high school students in Indonesia. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1657(1), 012003. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1657/1/012003
- Putri, A., Roza, Y., & Maimunah, M. (2020). Development of learning tools with the discovery learning model to improve the critical thinking ability of mathematics. Journal of Educational Sciences, 4(1), 83-92. https://doi.org/10.31258/jes.4.1.p.83-92
- Rahmawati, D., Nugroho, S. E., & Putra, N. M. D. (2014). Penerapan model pembelajaran kooperatif tipe numbered head together berbasis eksperimen untuk meningkatkan keterampilan proses sains siswa SMP [The application of the experimental-based numbered head together type of cooperative learning model to improve the science process skills of junior high school students]. UPEJ Unnes Physics Education Journal, 3(1), 40-45.
- Rahmi, N., Arnawa, I., & Yerizon, Y. (2019). Preparation development of learning device problem based learning model with scientific approach to improve mathematical problem solving ability. International Journal of Scientific dan Technology Research, 8(8), 522-529.
- Rosidin, U., Herpratiwi, H., Suana, W., & Firdaos, R. (2019). Evaluation of national examination (UN) and national-based school examination (USBN) in Indonesia. European Journal of Educational Research, 8(3), 827-937. https://doi.org/10.12973/eu-jer.8.3.827
- Santoso, T., Nafis, H. L. H., & Oktama, M. Y. (2019). Analyzing studentsâ€™ error in problem solving of two-variable linear equation system: A case study of grade eight students of Indonesian junior high school. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 18(11).
- Sari, N. M., & Yaniawati, P. (2019). The effect of different ways in presenting teaching materials on students' mathematical problem solving abilities. International Journal of Instruction, 12(4), 495-512. https://doi.org/10.29333/iji.2019.12432a
- Selvianiresa, D., & Prabawanto, S. (2017). Contextual teaching and learning approach of mathematics in primary schools. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 895(1), 012171. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/895/1/012171
- Siagan, M. V., Saragih, S., & Sinaga, B. (2019). Development of learning materials oriented on problem-based learning model to improve students' mathematical problem solving ability and metacognition ability. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 14(2), 331-340. https://doi.org/10.29333/iejme/5717
- Simamora, R. E., & Saragih, S. (2019). Improving students' mathematical problem solving ability and self-efficacy through guided discovery learning in local culture context. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 14(1), 61-72. https://doi.org/10.12973/iejme/3966
- Siregar, N. D., & Surya, E. (2017). Analysis of studentsâ€™ junior high school mathematical connection ability. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), 33(2), 309-320.
- Suhirman, L., Admowardoyo, H., & Husain, J. (2016). Perception of EFL teachersâ€™ satisfaction on pedagogical process. International Journal of English Linguistics, 6(5), 170-179. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijel.v6n5p170
- Sukestiyarno, Y. L., Mashitoh, N. L. D., & Wardono, W. (2021). Analysis of students' mathematical creative thinking ability in module-assisted online learning in terms of self-efficacy. Jurnal Didaktik Matematika, 8(1), 114-127. https://doi.org/10.24815/jdm.v8i1.19898
- Sumirattana, S., Makanong, A., & Thipkong, S. (2017). Using realistic mathematics education and the DAPIC problem-solving process to enhance secondary school students' mathematical literacy. Kasetsart Journal of Social Sciences, 38(3), 307-315. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kjss.2016.06.001
- Surya, E., Putri, F. A., & Mukhtar, M. (2017). Improving mathematical problem-solving ability and self-confidence of high school students through contextual learning model. Journal on Mathematics Education, 8(1), 85-94. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.8.1.3324.85-94
- Tyas, E. H., & Naibaho, L. (2021). HOTS learning model improves the quality of education. International Journal of Research-GRANTHAALAYAH, 9(1), 176-182.
- Ulandari, L., Amry, Z., & Saragih, S. (2019). Development of learning materials based on realistic mathematics education approach to improve students' mathematical problem solving ability and self-efficacy. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 14(2), 375-383. https://doi.org/10.29333/iejme/5721
- Umar, W. (2017). Constructing means ends analysis instruction to improve studentsâ€™ critical thinking ability and mathematical habits of mind dispositions. International Journal of Education and Research, 5(2), 261-272.
- Wicaksono, S. C. R. (2020). An Analysis of the Student Metacognition Level in Problem-Solving via Problem Stories in the Materials of the Two-Variable Equation System. International Online Journal of Education and Teaching, 7(4), 1493-1499.
- Yanti, A. H. (2017). Penerapan model problem based learning (PBL) terhadap kemampuan komunikasi dan kemampuan pemecahan masalah matematika siswa sekolah menengah pertama Lubuklinggau [Application of problem based learning (PBL) model on communication skills and mathematical problem solving abilities of Lubuklinggau junior high school students]. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika Raflesia, 2(2), 118-129.