Main Article Content
Based on data from observation and interview with lecturer who teaches mathematics course on the subject under study, it was found that students' mathematical communication ability is still low. This study aims the students’ mathematical communication ability through Concept Attainment Model learning. The method in this study is two groups randomized subject post-test only. The number of subjects in this study were 82 students. The Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, Levene test, t test, ANOVA one and two-way were used to analyse the data. The results of this study showed that (1) there is difference grade on the student’s mathematical communication ability between experimental group and conventional group as a whole, (2) there is no difference on the students’ mathematical communication ability of experimental classes based on their Prior mathematical knowledge (PMK); (3) there is no interaction between the learning that is used with the students’ prior mathematical knowledge on the students’ mathematical communication ability. The concept attainment model provides a better influence on students’ mathematical communication ability, it is also necessary to see the influence of the concept attainment model on students' high-level mathematical thinking ability.
Concept Attainment Model Mathematical Communication Prior Mathematical Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Aningsih, A., & Asih, T. S. N. (2017). Analisis Kemampuan Pemahaman Konsep Matematika Ditinjau dari Rasa Ingin Tahu Siswa pada Model Concept Attainment. Unnes Journal of Mathematics Education Research, 6(2), 217-224.
- Anjum, S. K. (2014). A Study of effect of concept attainment model on achievement of geometric concepts of VIII standard students of english medium students of Aurangabad City. Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisipliner Studies, 2(15), 2451-2456.
- Barker, W., Bressoud, D., Epp, S., Ganter, S., Haver, B., & Pollatsek, H. (2004). Undergraduate Programs and Courses in the Mathematical Sciences: CUPM Curriculum Guide, 2004. Mathematical Association of America. 1529 Eighteenth Street NW, Washington, DC 20036-1358.
- Bhargava, R. (2016). Effect of concept attainment model on achievement in social sciences. International Journal of Science and Research. 5(5), 699-701.
- Jain, V., & Upadhyay, H. (2016). Influence of Concept Attainment Model and Concept Attainment Integrated with Cooperative Learning on Teaching Sanskrit of Class VIII Students. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 3(2).
- Jones, J. L., & St Hilaire, R. (2014). Concept Learning in the Undergraduate Classroom: A Case Study in Religious Studies. International Journal of Instruction, 7(2), 65-74.
- Joyce, B., & Weil, M. (2011). Models of Teaching. Yokyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.
- Kauchak & Eggen. (2012). Strategies and Models for Teachers: Strategi dan Model Pembelajaran. Penerjemah : Satrio Wahono. Jakarta : PT Indeks.
- Kaur, N. (2014). Effect of Concept Attainment Model of Teaching on Achievement in Physics at Secondary Stage. International Journal of Advance Research in Education Technology and Management, 1(1), 34-42.
- Kumar, A., & Mathur, M. (2013). Effect of concept attainment model on acquisition of physics Concepts. Universal Journal of Educational Research, 1(3), 165-169.
- Mondal, B. C. (2013). Teaching science through information processing model: A review. Journal of education and practice, 4(9).
- Ostad, G., & Soleymanpour, J. (2014). The Impact of Concept Attainment Teaching Model and Mastery Teaching Method on Female High School Students' Academic Achievement and Metacognitive Skills. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3(2), 9774-9781.
- Sharma, A., & Pachauri, D. (2016). Comparison of advance organizer and concept attainment model for teaching concepts of science to standard IX. International Journal of Educational Research and Technology, 7(1).
- Vale, I., & Barbosa, A. (2017). The importance of seeing in mathematics communication. Journal of the European Teacher Education Network, 12, 49-63.
- Widiastuti. (2014). Penerapan Model Pembelajaran Pencapaian Konsep Untuk Meningkatkan Hasil Belajar Siswa Kelas VII Pada Materi Himpunan Di MTs Nurul Hasanah Pengawu. Jurnal Elektronik Pendidikan Matematika Tadulako. 2(1).
- Wood, L. N. (2012). Practice and conceptions: Communicating mathematics in the workplace. Educational Studies In Mathematics, 79(1), 109-125.