Main Article Content
This research was motivated by the difficulties of junior high school students in linear equation system material. The focus of this research is to produce the Hypothetical Learning Trajectory (HLT) system of linear equations based on the development of Learning Trajectory (LT) with the aim of research to improve students' mathematical communication skills. Research method used design Research with 3 phases: Preliminary design, teaching experiment, and retrospective analysis. The subject of study in SMP grade VII in Tasikmalaya district. This research uses the instrument of communication skills test students. Processing of research data using test-T. Based on the results of the research obtained: (a) HLT results from the development of LT linear alignment system in RME to improve student mathematical communication skills; and (b) students who acquire RME learning have increased mathematical communication skills greater than those who acquire conventional learning.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Anwar, L., Budayasa, I. K., Amin, S. M., & de Haan, D. (2012). Eliciting Mathematical Thinking of Students through Realistic Mathematics Education. Indonesian Mathematical Society Journal on Mathematics Education, 3(1), 55-70.
- Armanto, D. (2002). Teaching Multiplication and Division Realistically in Indonesian Primary Schools: A Prototype of Local Instruction Theory. Thesis. The University of Twente.
- Bakker, A., & Van Eerde, D. (2012). An introduction to design-based research for Master and PhD students. Doing (qualitative) Research: Methodology and methods in Mathematics Education. Concept submitted for publication March, 15, 2012.
- Bakker, A., & Van Eerde, D. (2015). An introduction to design-based research with an example from statistics education. In Approaches to qualitative research in mathematics education (pp. 429-466). Springer, Dordrecht.
- Clements, D. H., & Sarama, J. (2009). Learning trajectories in early mathematicsâ€“sequences of acquisition and teaching. Encyclopedia of language and literacy development, 1-7.
- Cobb, P., Confrey, J., DiSessa, A., Lehrer, R., & Schauble, L. (2003). Design experiments in educational research. Educational researcher, 32(1), 9-13.
- Gravemeijer, K. (2004). Local instruction theories as means of support for teachers in reform mathematics education. Mathematical thinking and learning, 6(2), 105-128.
- Gravemeijer, K., & Cobb, P. (2006). Design research from a learning design perspective. In Educational design research (pp. 29-63). Routledge.
- Jones, M., & Alony, I. (2011). Guiding the use of grounded theory in doctoral studiesâ€“An example from the Australian film industry.
- Kansanen, P. (2003). Studying--the realistic bridge between instruction and learning. an attempt to a conceptual whole of the teaching-studying-learning process. Educational Studies, 29(2-3), 221-232.
- Mills, J., Bonner, A., & Francis, K. (2006). The development of constructivist grounded theory. International journal of qualitative methods, 5(1), 25-35.
- Nuraida, I. (2017). Merancang Uji Coba Realistic Mathematics Education (RME). SJME (Supremum Journal of Mathematics Education), 1(2), 68-78.
- Nuraida, I. (2018). Penerapan Pembelajaran Matematika Realistik untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Adaptive Reasoning Siswa. Mosharafa: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 7(1), 25-32.
- Nuraida, I., Kusumah, Y. S., & Kartasasmita, B. G. (2018). Local Instruction Theory (LIT) on spherical geometry for enhancement studentsâ€™ strategic competence. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 983(1), 012105.
- Nurdin, N. (2011). Trajektori dalam Pembelajaran Matematika. Edumatica, 1(1), 1-7.
- Prahmana, R. C. I., & Suwasti, P. (2014). Local instruction theory on division in mathematics GASING. Journal on Mathematics Education, 5(1), 17-26.
- Wilson, P. H., Sztajn, P., Edgington, C., & Confrey, J. (2014). Teachersâ€™ use of their mathematical knowledge for teaching in learning a mathematics learning trajectory. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education, 17(2), 149-175.
- YaÄŸcÄ±, F. (2010). The effect of instruction with concrete models on eighth grade students' probability achievement and attitudes toward probability. M. Ed. Unpublished masterâ€™s thesis). Middle East Technical University, Ankara.
- Zulkardi, Z., & Putri, R. I. I. (2010). Pengembangan blog support untuk membantu siswa dan guru matematika Indonesia belajar pendidikan matematika realistic Indonesia (PMRI). Jurnal inovasi perekayasa pendidikan (JIPP), 2(1), 1-24.