Main Article Content
This study aims to describe and compare the effectiveness of the application of STAD and TPS types in cooperative learning to the students. This study was a quasi-experiments research in which students were designed into a form of the experimental group (pre-test and post-test group designs), where the cooperative learning of STAD and TPS types will be applied in learning mathematics. The population in this study were junior high school students in Ternate, while samples were taken by 60 random students who had the same characteristics as the population. The result of the study shows that cooperative learning model of both STAD and TPS types are very effective to be applied on studying mathematics. However, between the STAD and TPS types of cooperative learning, the STAD types are more effective than TPS, seen from accomplishing standards of competence, mathematical communication skills, and mathematical thinking ability of Junior High School students.
Logical Reasoning STAD TPS
- Hendriana, H., Hidayat, W., & Ristiana, M. G. (2018). Student teachersâ€™ mathematical questioning and courage in metaphorical thinking learning. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 948, No. 1, p. 012019). IOP Publishing.
- Herman, T. (2007). Pembelajaran berbasis masalah untuk meningkatkan kemampuan penalaran matematis siswa SMP. Cakrawala Pendidikan, 1(1), 41-62..
- Hidayat, W. (2012). Meningkatkan Kemampuan Berpikir Kritis dan Kreatif Matematik Siswa SMA Melalui Pembelajaran Kooperatif Think-Talk-Write (TTW). In Seminar Nasional Penelitian, Pendidikan dan Penerapan MIPA.
- Hidayat, W. (2017). Adversity Quotient dan Penalaran Kreatif Matematis Siswa SMA dalam Pembelajaran Argument Driven Inquiry pada Materi Turunan Fungsi. KALAMATIKA Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 2(1), 15-28.
- Hidayat, W., Wahyudin, & Prabawanto, S. (2018). Improving studentsâ€™ creative mathematical reasoning ability students through adversity quotient and argument driven inquiry learning. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 948, No. 1, p. 012005). IOP Publishing.
- Mahmudi, A. (2009). Komunikasi dalam pembelajaran matematika. Jurnal Mipmipa Unhalu, 8(1), 1-9.
- Rahmi, S., Nadia, R., Hasibah, B., & Hidayat, W. (2017). The Relation between Self-Efficacy toward Math with the Math Communication Competence. Infinity Journal, 6(2), 177-182.