Main Article Content
This research aims to describe the studentsâ€™ mathematical communication ability by using cooperative learning talking stick type. This research conducted at one of junior high school in Asahan-North Sumatera- North Sumatera. This research used posttest experimental class design as the method to obtain data. The indicators used to measure mathematical communication ability in this research arranged in three, as follows: 1) the ability of explaining a mathematical problem into figure; 2) the ability to explain mathematical problem situations by own words; 3) the ability of stating a mathematical problem in writing into mathematical models and doing calculation to solve the problem. The result found from this research is there are the differences in the studentsâ€™ way of answering the problem even though the learning model and the instrument used is same.
Cooperative Learning Mathematical Communication Ability Talking Stick Type
- Ansari, B. I. (2012). Komunikasi Matematik Dan Politik Suatu Perbandingan: Konsep dan Aplikasi. BandaAceh: Penerbit PeNA
- Baroody, A. J. (1993). Problem Solving, Reasoning, and Communicating K-8 Helping Children Think Mathematically. New York: Merril An In Print of Macmillan Publishing Company
- Clark, K. K., Jacobs, J., Pittman, M. E., & Borko, H. (2005). Strategies for building mathematical communication in the middle school classroom: Modeled in professional development, implemented in the classroom. Current Issues in Middle Level Education, 11(2), 1-12.
- Cobb, P., Yackel, E., & Wood, T. (1992). Interaction and learning in mathematics classroom situations. Educational studies in mathematics, 23(1), 99-122.
- Depdiknas, R. I. (2006). Peraturan Mendiknas Nomor 22 Tahun 2006 Tentang Standar Isi. Jakarta: Depdiknas.
- Hidayat, W. (2017). Adversity Quotient dan Penalaran Kreatif Matematis Siswa SMA dalam Pembelajaran Argument Driven Inquiry pada Materi Turunan Fungsi. KALAMATIKA Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 2(1), 15-28.
- Istarani (2012). 58 Model Pembelajaran Inovatif. Medan: Media Persada
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (1989). Curriculum and evaluation standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: NCTM.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (2000). Principles and standards for school mathematics. Reston, VA: NCTM
- National Middle School Association (2004). Position paper of the National Middle School Association middle level curriculum: A work in progress. Westerville, OH: NMSA
- Pugalee, D. K. (2001). Using communication to develop students' mathematical literacy. Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School, 6(5), 296.
- Secretaryâ€™s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (1991). What work requires of schools: A SCANS report for America 2000. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Labor.
- Lin, C. S., Shann, W. C., & Lin, S. C. (2008). Reflections on mathematical communication from Taiwan math curriculum guideline and PISA 2003. Retrieved from http://www.criced.tsukuba.ac.jp/math/apec/apec2008/papers/PDF/ 16.Lin_Su_Chun_Taiwan.pdf
- Suprijono, A. (2009). Cooperative Learning Teori & Aplikasi Paikem. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.