Main Article Content
Mathematics mobile learning influences student learning outcomes. Making this application need skills and also the appropriate programs. The first goal in this study is to develop valid and effective mathematics mobile learning. The second goal in this study if using two different programs it would get the same or different results, is it different between the two applications made with different programs? This type of research is research and development (R & D). The first application research subjects were mathematics teachers and 8th grade students of Junior High School in Salatiga consisted of 28 students and the subjects in this study were divided into two, namely students in the 8G class who used the mobile learning application and who did not use it and this study was conducted in the second semester academic year 2014/2015. The second application research subject was 10th-grade students of Senior High School in Salatiga, consisted of 24 students. This research was conducted in the second semester of the academic year 2015/2016. The first application development model was using ASSURE Model and developed with ExeLearning program, while the second application used the ADDIE Model and developed with MIT Inventor 2 program. Data on learning outcomes were obtained by giving initial tests and final tests. Data were analyzed using N-gain enhancement test. The mathematics mobile learning application used the ExeLearning 2.0 program to obtain validation results with very good criteria for the display and material sections while for the improvement of student learning outcomes in the high category amounting to 0.7. The second mathematics mobile learning application obtained very good display validation results and for the material section in the good category, while the increase in learning outcomes obtained an increase in the high category which was 0.71. Both of these applications possessed differences and the characteristics of mobile learning applications also depend on which software is used. It has a unique impression of using the ExeLearning 2.0 application and MIT Inventor 2.
Unique Impression Mathematics Mobile Learning Exelearning 2.0 MIT Inventor 2
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Alamsyah, A., & Ramantoko, G. (2012). Implementations of m-learning in higher education in Indonesia. In Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Technology and Operation Management.
- Deporter, B., & Hernacki, M. (2009). Discovery Learning: Membiasakan Belajar Nyaman dan Menyenangkan. Bandung: PT. Mizan Pustaka.
- El-Sofany, H. F., El-Seoud, S. A., Alwadani, H. M., & Alwadani, A. E. (2014). Development of Mobile Educational Services Application to Improve Educational Outcomes using Android Technology. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), 8(2), 4-9.
- Ghozi, S. (2014). Pengembangan Materi Mobile learning dalam Pembelajaran Matematika Kelas X SMA Perguruan Cikini Kertas Nusantara Berau. Indonesian Digital Journal of Mathematics and Education, 1(1).
- Ismail, I., & Idrus, R. M. (2009). Development of SMS Mobile Technology for M-Learning for Distance Learners. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies, 3(2).
- Idrus, R. M., & Ismail, I. (2010). Role of institutions of higher learning towards a knowledge-based community utilising mobile devices. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), 2766-2770.
- Karabatzaki, Z., Stathopoulou, A., Kokkalia, G., Dimitriou, E., Loukeri, P. I., Drigas, A., & Economou, A. (2018). Mobile Application Tools for Students in Secondary Education. An Evaluation Study. International Journal of Network & Mobile Technologies, 12(2).
- Kattayat, S., Josey, S., & Asha, J. V. (2017). Mobile learning apps in instruction and students achievement. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), 11(1), 143-147.
- Miarso, Y. (2009). Menyemai Benih Teknologi Pendidikan. Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group.
- Motiwalla, L. F. (2007). Mobile learning: A framework and evaluation. Computers & education, 49(3), 581-596.
- Pribadi, B. A. (2009). Model desain sistem pembelajaran. Jakarta: Dian Rakyat.
- Slameto (2003). Belajar dan faktor-faktor yang mempengaruhinya. Jakarta: PT Rineka Cipta
- Sudjana, N., & Rivai, A. (2013). Media Pengajaran. Bandung: Sinar Baru Algesindo.
- Sulisworo, D., Ishafit, I., & Firdausy, K. (2016). The Development of Mobile Learning Application using Jigsaw Technique. iJIM, 10(3), 11-16.
- Zefriyenni, Z., & Mardhiyah, H. (2017). Pengembangan mathematics mobile learning application (MMLA)-sistem persamaan linear dua variabel (SPLDV) untuk siswa kelas 8 sebagai sumber pembelajaran mandiri berbasis android. Jurnal Teknologi Informasi dan Pendidikan, 10(2), 25-36.