Main Article Content
Collaborative learning through lesson study has become one of the promising methods for improving the quality of education and improving teachers' quality, likewise with the PMRI approach. The combination of the two in the training for primary school pre-service teachers, specifically in the second simulation session, was observed and reported. This article aims to describe the collaboration process in the second session of the simulations about polygon learning at PMRI training for primary school pre-service teachers. A design research method of the development type was used in this study, only at the preliminary and development or prototyping phase. The research subjects are students of Primary School Pre-service Teachers of Sriwijaya University that consisted of eight students for the small group and 32 students for the field test. Data was collected through documentation, observation, and field notes. The result showed that there were good collaboration occurs between researcher-lecturer, lecturer-student, and between students at the plan-do-see-redesign stage of the lesson study.
Collaborative Learning Lesson Study PMRI Polygon
- Alfieri, L., Brooks, P. J., Aldrich, N. J., & Tenenbaum, H. R. (2011). Does discovery-based instruction enhance learning? Journal of Educational Psychology, 103(1), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0021017
- Asari, S. (2017). Sharing and jumping task in collaborative teaching and learning process. DIDAKTIKA: Jurnal Pemikiran Pendidikan, 23(2), 184-188. https://doi.org/10.30587/didaktika.v23i2.28
- Bernabeu, M., Moreno, M., & Llinares, S. (2018). Primary school childrenâ€™s (9 year oldsâ€™) understanding of quadrilaterals. In Proceedings of the 42nd Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Umea, Sweden.
- Chiphambo, S. M., & Feza, N. N. (2020). Polygon pieces: Tools to address studentsâ€™ alternative conceptions and misunderstandings when learning of geometry. International Journal, 76(7), 191-208. https://doi.org/10.21506/j.ponte.2020.7.15
- Chong, W. H., & Kong, C. A. (2012). Teacher collaborative learning and teacher self-efficacy: The case of lesson study. The journal of experimental education, 80(3), 263-283. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220973.2011.596854
- De Hei, M. S. A., Strijbos, J.-W., Sjoer, E., & Admiraal, W. (2014). Collaborative learning in higher education: lecturersâ€™ practices and beliefs. Research Papers in Education, 30(2), 232-247. https://doi.org/10.1080/02671522.2014.908407
- Ekawati, R., & Kohar, A. W. (2017). Innovative teacher professional development within PMRI in Indonesia. International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education, 24(5).
- Fauziah, A., Putri, R., Zulkardi, Z., & Somakim, S. (2017). Primary school student teachersâ€™ perception to Pendidikan Matematika Realistik Indonesia (PMRI) instruction. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 943(1), 012044. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/943/1/012044
- Fauziah, A., Putri, R., Zulkardi, Z., & Somakim, S. (2019). The Roster context in angle learning for Primary School pre-service teachers. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1188(1), 012058. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1188/1/012058
- Fauziah, A., Putri, R. I. I., Zulkardi, Z., & Somakim, S. (2020). Developing PMRI learning environment through lesson study for pre-service primary school teacher. Journal on Mathematics Education, 11(2), 193-208. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.11.2.10914.193-208
- Fisher, K. R., Hirshâ€Pasek, K., Newcombe, N., & Golinkoff, R. M. (2013). Taking shape: Supporting preschoolers' acquisition of geometric knowledge through guided play. Child development, 84(6), 1872-1878. https://doi.org/10.1111/cdev.12091
- Fransen, J., Kirschner, P. A., & Erkens, G. (2011). Mediating team effectiveness in the context of collaborative learning: The importance of team and task awareness. Computers in human Behavior, 27(3), 1103-1113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.05.017
- Gravemeijer, K., & Doorman, M. (1999). Context problems in realistic mathematics education: A calculus course as an example. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 39(1), 111-129. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1003749919816
- Gravemeijer, K. P. E. (1994). Developing realistic mathematics education. Utrecht: CDBeta Press.
- Hadi, S. (2015). The mathematics education reform movement in Indonesia. In S. J. Cho (Ed.), Selected Regular Lectures from the 12th International Congress on Mathematical Education (pp. 253-267). Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17187-6_15
- Hobri, H., Ummah, I. K., Yuliati, N., & Dafik, D. (2020). The effect of jumping task based on creative problem solving on studentsâ€™ problem solving ability. International Journal of Instruction, 13(1), 387-406. https://doi.org/10.29333/iji.2020.13126a
- Honomichl, R. D., & Chen, Z. (2012). The role of guidance in children's discovery learning. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Cognitive Science, 3(6), 615-622. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcs.1199
- Kanellopoulou, E.-M., & Darra, M. (2019). The implementation of the lesson study in basic teacher education: A research review. Higher Education Studies, 9(3), 65-78. https://doi.org/10.5539/hes.v9n3p65
- Kusumah, Y. S., & Nurhasanah, F. (2017). The endless long-term program of mathematics teacher professional development in Indonesia. In B. Kaur & C. Vistro-Yu (Eds.), Professional Development of Mathematics Teachers (pp. 33-45). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-2598-3_3
- Lawrence, C. A., & Chong, W. H. (2010). Teacher collaborative learning through the lesson study: Identifying pathways for instructional success in a Singapore high school. Asia Pacific Education Review, 11(4), 565-572. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12564-010-9103-3
- Mustadi, A. (2014). Fundamental school reform through lesson study for learning community (LSLC): A study of collaborative learning in Indonesia and Japan. In Proceeding International Conference on Fundamentals and Implementation of Education (ICFIE), Yogyakarta.
- Octriana, I., Putri, R. I. I., & Nurjannah, N. (2019). Penalaran matematis siswa dalam pembelajaran pola bilangan menggunakan PMRI dan LSLC. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 13(2), 131-142. https://doi.org/10.22342/jpm.13.2.6714.131-142
- Plomp, T. (2013). Educational design research: An introduction. In T. Plomp & N. Nieveen (Eds.), Educational design research (pp. 10-51). SLO.
- Putri, R. I. I., Dolk, M., & Zulkardi, Z. (2015). Professional development of PMRI teachers for introducing social norms. Journal on Mathematics Education, 6(1), 11-19. https://doi.org/10.22342/jme.6.1.1900.11-19
- Putri, R. I. I., & Zulkardi, Z. (2019). Designing jumping task on percent using PMRI and collaborative learning. International Journal on Emerging Mathematics Education, 3(1), 105-116. https://doi.org/10.12928/ijeme.v3i1.12208
- Risdiyanti, I., Prahmana, R. C. I., & Shahrill, M. (2019). The learning trajectory of social arithmetic using an Indonesian traditional game. Ilkogretim Online, 18(4), 2094-2108. https://doi.org/10.17051/ilkonline.2019.639439
- Saito, E., Hawe, P., Hadiprawiroc, S., & Sukirman, S. (2008). Initiating education reform through lesson study at a university in Indonesia. Educational Action Research, 16(3), 391-406. https://doi.org/10.1080/09650790802260372
- Van den Heuvel-Panhuizen, M., & Drijvers, P. (2014). Realistic mathematics education. In S. Lerman (Ed.), Encyclopedia of mathematics education (pp. 521-525). Springer Dordrecht. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-007-4978-8
- Wessels, H. (2018). Noticing in Pre-service Teacher Education: Research Lessons as a Context for Reflection on Learnersâ€™ Mathematical Reasoning and Sense-Making. In Invited Lectures from the 13th International Congress on Mathematical Education, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72170-5_41
- Widjaja, W., Dolk, M., & Fauzan, A. (2010). The role of contexts and teacher's questioning to enhance students' thinking. Journal of Science and Mathematics Education in Southeast Asia, 33(2), 168-186. http://hdl.handle.net/10536/DRO/DU:30048397
- Zulkardi, Z. (2002). Developing a learning environment on realistic mathematics education for Indonesian student teachers. Doctoral dissertation. University of Twente, Enschede. Retrieved from https://repository.unsri.ac.id/871
- Zulkardi, Z., & Putri, R. I. I. (2019). New School Mathematics Curricula, PISA and PMRI in Indonesia. In C. P. Vistro-Yu & T. L. Toh (Eds.), School Mathematics Curricula: Asian Perspectives and Glimpses of Reform (pp. 39-49). Springer Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6312-2_3