Main Article Content
In March 2020, direct learning activities were transferred online due to the Covid-19 pandemic. There are many alternative technology-based learning media used for online learning systems. However, the use of this media has not been able to increase students' motivation to learn mathematics. One of the media that can be used as an alternative learning media during this pandemic is a website. The purpose of this study was to find out how to use the website as a learning media in the midst of this pandemic, and to determine student learning motivation. This research is a descriptive study with a quantitative approach, the subjects in this study were 25 students of grade 8 and 9 Junior High School. The results of this study were that many students agreed with the use of websites as alternative learning media during this pandemic and students' high motivation to learn mathematics when using the website with an average percentage of 66,3%. From this research, it can be concluded that the website can be an alternative media for learning mathematics in the midst of this pandemic because the website has various advantages that can also increase student learning motivation.
Alternative Learning Mathematics Motivation Pandemic Website
- Almara'beh, H., Amer, E. F., & Sulieman, A. (2015). The effectiveness of multimedia learning tools in education. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, 5(12), 761-764.
- Andriasari, S. (2017). Pengembangan aplikasi e-commerce menggunakan metode wisdm (web information system developmnet methodology) (Studi kasus: PT. sinar jati meubel Bandar Lampung) [E-commerce application development using WISDM method (web information system developmnet methodology) (Case study: PT. sinar jati meubel Bandar Lampung)]. Jurnal Cendikia, 14(2), 8-15.
- Astuti, L., Wihardi, Y., & Rochintaniawati, D. (2020). The development of web-based learning using interactive media for science learning on levers in human body topic. Journal of Science Learning, 3(2), 89-98. https://doi.org/10.17509/jsl.v3i2.19366
- Cahyani, A., Listiana, I. D., & Larasati, S. P. D. (2020). Motivasi belajar siswa SMA pada pembelajaran daring di masa pandemi COVID-19 [High school students' learning motivation in online learning during the COVID-19 pandemic]. IQ (Ilmu Al-qur'an): Jurnal Pendidikan Islam, 3(01), 123-140. https://doi.org/10.37542/iq.v3i01.57
- Damanhuri, D. (2020). Student learning motivation in the pandemic time COVID-19. In Prosiding Seminar Nasional Pendidikan FKIP UNTIRTA.
- Danaswari, C., & Gafur, A. (2018). Multimedia pembelajaran berbasis web pada mata pelajaran akuntansi SMA untuk peningkatan motivasi dan hasil belajar [Multimedia web-based learning in high school accounting subjects to increase motivation and learning outcomes]. Jurnal Inovasi Teknologi Pendidikan, 5(2), 204-218. https://doi.org/10.21831/jitp.v5i2.15543
- Destiningrum, M., & Adrian, Q. J. (2017). Sistem informasi penjadwalan dokter Berbassis web dengan menggunakan Framework Codeigniter (Studi kasus: Rumah Sakit Yukum Medical Centre) [Web-based doctor scheduling information system using Codeigniter Framework (Case study: Yukum Medical Center Hospital)]. Jurnal Teknoinfo, 11(2), 30-37.
- Djamdjuri, D. S., & Kamilah, A. (2020). Whatsapp media in online learning during COVID-19 pandemic. English Journal, 14(2), 69-74. https://doi.org/10.32832/english.v14i2.3792
- Dogan, B., & DikbÄ±yÄ±k, E. (2016). OPCOMITS: Developing an adaptive and intelligent web based educational system based on concept map model. Computer Applications in Engineering Education, 24(5), 676-691. https://doi.org/10.1002/cae.21740
- Fakhruddin, A. (2018). Using Google Meet in teaching speaking. Journal of English Langage Learning (JELL), 2(2), 43-46.
- Gautam, V., Khandelwal, S., & Dwivedi, R. (2020). The Impact of Self-Efficacy and Need for Achievement on Management Students' Perceptions Regarding Web Based Learning Resources. International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology, 16(2), 68-83.
- Ghani, M. T. A., & Daud, W. A. A. W. (2018). Adaptation of ADDIE instructional model in developing educational website for language learning. Global Journal Al-Thaqafah, 8(2), 7-16.
- Gustiani, S. (2020). Studentsâ€™ motivation in online learning during COVID-19 pandemic era: A case study. HOLISTICS, 12(2), 23-40.
- Hamdunah, H., Alfi, Y., Zulkardi, Z., & Muhafzan, M. (2016). Development a constructivist module and web on circle and sphere material with Wingeom software. Humaniora, 7(2), 57-128.
- Handayani, T., & Utami, N. (2020). The effectiveness of hybrid learning in character building of integrated Islamic elementary school students during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Educational Science and Technology (EST), 6(3), 276-283.
- Indriani, R., Darta, D., & Dahlan, T. (2018). The difficulties teaching mathematics material according to students perception. In Proceeding International Conference on Education, ICE (International Conference on Education) FKIP Unpas.
- Karal, H., Kokoc, M., Colak, C., & Yalcin, Y. (2015). A case study on online mathematics teaching with pen-based technology: Experiences of two instructors. Contemporary Educational Technology, 6(4), 319-337. https://doi.org/10.30935/cedtech/6157
- Kebritchi, M., Lipschuetz, A., & Santiague, L. (2017). Issues and challenges for teaching successful online courses in higher education: A literature review. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 46(1), 4-29. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047239516661713
- Leow, F.-T., & Neo, M. (2014). Interactive multimedia learning: Innovating classroom education in a Malaysian university. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology-TOJET, 13(2), 99-110.
- Lestari, A. S. (2019). The development of web learning based on project in the learning media course at IAIN Kendari. Jurnal Pendidikan Islam, 5(1), 39-52. https://doi.org/10.15575/jpi.v5i1.2909
- Lubis, M. J., & Sari, L. P. (2020). The online learning activities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute (BIRCI-Journal): Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(4), 3619-3624.
- Maria, U., Rusilowati, A., & Hardyanto, W. (2019). Interactive multimedia development in the learning process of Indonesian culture introduction theme for 5-6 year old children. Journal of Primary Education, 8(3), 344-353.
- Marisa, F. (2017). Web Programming (Client Side and Server Side). Deepublish.
- Maulidia, F., Johar, R., & Andariah, A. (2019). A case study of studentsâ€™ creativity in solving mathematical problems through problem based learning. Infinity Journal, 8(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.22460/infinity.v8i1.p1-10
- Maulydia, S. S., Surya, E., & Syahputra, E. (2017). The development of mathematic teaching material through realistic mathematics education to increase mathematical problem solving of junior high school students. International Journal Of Advance Research And Innovative Ideas In Education, 3(2), 2965-2971.
- Muhardi, M., Gunawan, S. I., Irawan, Y., & Devis, Y. (2020). Design of web based LMS (learning management system) in SMAN 1 Kampar Kiri Hilir. Journal of Applied Engineering and Technological Science (JAETS), 1(2), 70-76.
- Muslimin, A. I., & Harintama, F. (2020). Online learning during pandemic: Students' motivation, challenges, and alternatives. Loquen: English Studies Journal, 13(2), 60-68. https://doi.org/10.32678/loquen.v13i2.3558
- Nartiningrum, N., & Nugroho, A. (2020). Online learning amidst global pandemic: EFL studentsâ€™ challenges, suggestions, and needed materials. ENGLISH FRANCA: Academic Journal of English Language and Education, 4(2), 115-140. https://doi.org/10.29240/ef.v4i2.1494
- Nasrum, A., & Herlina, H. (2019). Developing of calculus teaching materials based on audiovisual. Infinity Journal, 8(2), 209-218. https://doi.org/10.22460/infinity.v8i2.p209-218
- Okmawati, M. (2020). The use of Google Classroom during pandemic. Journal of English Language Teaching, 9(2), 438-443. https://doi.org/10.24036/jelt.v9i2.109293
- Permatasari, G. A., Ellianawati, E., & Hardyanto, W. (2019). Online web-based learning and assessment tool in vocational high school for physics. Jurnal Penelitian & Pengembangan Pendidikan Fisika, 5(1), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.21009/1.05101
- Pratomo, H. (2020). From social distancing to physical distancing: A challenge for evaluating public health intervention against COVID-19. Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan masyarakat nasional (National Public Health Journal), 1(1), 60-63. https://doi.org/10.21109/kesmas.v15i2.4010
- Purnawarman, P., Susilawati, S., & Sundayana, W. (2016). The use of Edmodo in teaching writing in a blended learning setting. Indonesian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 5(2), 242-252. https://doi.org/10.17509/ijal.v5i2.1348
- Putra, J., Suryadi, D., & Juandi, D. (2018). Mathematical abstraction ability of prospective math teacher students. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1132(1), 012049. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1132/1/012049
- Putri, A. V., & Irwansyah, I. (2020). Communication patterns and media technology role in organization and society during pandemic. The Journal of Society and Media, 4(2), 228-261. https://doi.org/10.26740/jsm.v4n2.p228-261
- Rachmawati, L. N., Cholily, Y. M., & Zukhrufurrohmah, Z. (2021). Mathematics communication mistakes in solving HOTs problems. Infinity Journal, 10(1), 69-80. https://doi.org/10.22460/infinity.v10i1.p69-80
- Riduwan, R. (2010). Belajar mudah peneliti untuk guru-karyawan dan peneliti pemula. Alfabeta.
- Roqobih, F. D., & Ambarwati, R. (2020). Implementation of blended learning using schoology on the topic of invertebrate to improve student learning outcomes. Jurnal Inovasi Pembelajaran Biologi, 1(1), 24-34.
- Sajaril, A. E., Rahmatia, R., & Syahira, S. (2020). The Student perspectives on the effectiveness of zoom meeting media in increasing knowledge of thesis writing at STKIP Muhammadiyah Manokwari. International Journal of Education, Information Technology, and Others, 3(2), 333-337. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3987204
- Samosir, F. T., Pitasari, D. N., Purwaka, P., & Tjahjono, P. E. (2018). The effectiveness of youtube as a student learning media (study at the faculty of social and political sciences, University of Bengkulu). Record and Library Journal, 4(2), 81-91. https://doi.org/10.20473/rlj.V4-I2.2018.81-91
- Seixas, B. V., Smith, N., & Mitton, C. (2018). The qualitative descriptive approach in international comparative studies: using online qualitative surveys. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 7(9), 778-781. https://doi.org/10.15171/ijhpm.2017.142
- Setiawan, H., Isnaeni, W., Budijantoro, F. P. M. H., & Marianti, A. (2015). Implementation of digital learning using interactive multimedia in excretory system with virtual laboratory. REID (Research and Evaluation in Education), 1(2), 212-224. https://doi.org/10.21831/reid.v1i2.6501
- Subakthiasih, P., & Putri, I. G. A. V. W. (2020). An analysis of studentsâ€™ motivation in studying English during COVID-19 pandemic. Linguistic, English Education and Art (LEEA) Journal, 4(1), 126-141. https://doi.org/10.31539/leea.v4i1.1728
- Suripah, S. (2017). Mengembangkan keterampilan mengajar berbasis ICT bagi calon guru abad XXI. In KMP Education Research Conference - Keluarga Mahasiswa Pascasarjana (KMP) Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta 2017. Retrieved from: http://repository.uir.ac.id/id/eprint/2086
- Susanti, W. D., & Suripah, S. (2021). The effectiveness of website as a mathematics learning media during the online learning period. Edumatica: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 11(01), 73-83. https://doi.org/10.22437/edumatica.v11i01.12225
- Susilawati, S., Falefi, R., & Purwoko, A. (2020). Impact of COVID-19â€™s pandemic on the economy of Indonesia. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute (BIRCI-Journal): Humanities and Social Sciences, 3(2), 1147-1156. https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v3i2.954
- Usta, E. (2011). The effect of web-based learning environments on attitudes of students regarding computer and internet. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 28, 262-269. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.11.051
- Wang, M., & Ip, K. I. (2010). Tasks and challenges faced by teachers in handling an online project. Asian EFL Journal, 12(4), 143-158.
- Wiratomo, Y., & Mulyatna, F. (2020). Use of learning management systems in learning efforts during a pandemic. Journal of Mathematical Pedagogy (JoMP), 1(2), 62-71.
- Yanti, B., Mulyadi, E., Wahiduddin, W., Novika, R. G. H., Arina, Y. M. D. a., Martani, N. S., & Nawan, N. (2020). Community knowledge, attitudes, and behavior towards social distancing policy as prevention transmission of COVID-19 in indonesia. Jurnal Administrasi Kesehatan Indonesia, 8, 4-14.
- Zetriuslita, Z., Nofriyandi, N., & Istikomah, E. (2020). The effect of geogebra-assisted direct instruction on studentsâ€™self-efficacy and self-regulation. Infinity Journal, 9(1), 41-48. https://doi.org/10.22460/infinity.v9i1.p41-48
- Zetriuslita, Z., Wahyudin, W., & Jarnawi, J. (2017). Mathematical critical thinking and curiosity attitude in problem based learning and cognitive conflict strategy: A study in number theory course. International Education Studies, 10(7), 65-78. https://doi.org/10.5539/ies.v10n7p65
- Zhang, Y., & Ma, Z. F. (2020). Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on mental health and quality of life among local residents in Liaoning Province, China: A cross-sectional study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(7), 2381. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17072381